Cupcake for one

5 Nov

I saw Chocolate Covered Katie‘s Single Lady Cupcake on Heather Eats Almond Butter the other day and knew I had to try it. Here is her version. I knew I had to give it a go if for no other reason than it gave me an excuse to use my teacup silicon mold. The result:

Check out the original recipe above, but here’s what I used:

• 2 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
  • 1 tablespoon peanut butter
  • 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon water
  • 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar, plus a pinch more for sprinkling
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • Pinch of salt
  • Pinch (or two) of cinnamon

I followed the directions as given and added a sprinkling of brown sugar to the top.

The result was good, though the texture was not fluffy. I still really liked it, but my taller half turned up his nose. I look forward to trying out more versions.

I just pulled a coffee cake out of the oven. I’ll share that baking adventure tomorrow!

About these ads

9 Responses to “Cupcake for one”

1. Heather Eats Almond Butter November 5, 2010 at 10:27 am #

Perhaps if you plopped atop some ice-cream, Taller might approve? ;) Looks and sounds delicious to me, ice-cream or not!

Glad you enjoyed. :)

• Brigid November 5, 2010 at 3:26 pm #

Oh, I definitely think that would help. ;) He’s just not as into the baked goods made with wheat flour as I am, I think.

2. Heather Eats Almond Butter November 5, 2010 at 10:28 am #

*That would be plop THE CUPCAKE atop some ice-cream. Oops.

3. Taller Half November 5, 2010 at 4:05 pm #

On first bite, I liked it, but as I chewed, there was a funny, creamy yet nasty, flavor on the middle of my tongue. I just couldn’t do a second bite. Forgive me!

• Brigid November 5, 2010 at 5:22 pm #

Oh baby, you always know how to compliment my baking. ;)

• Taller Half November 5, 2010 at 10:23 pm #

The honesty is so the other 90% of the time when I go ecstatic eating your baking, you KNOW I really mean it… ;)

• Brigid November 5, 2010 at 10:37 pm #

Ha, I think you mean 95% . . . ;)

4. Alicia (Vegan Epicurean) November 6, 2010 at 2:11 am #

Love the tea cup mold. Do you remember where you bought it? You are making me wish I was still baking.

Your taller half is just like mine. ;-)

Ali

• Brigid November 6, 2010 at 2:40 pm #

No, it was a birthday present. They came in a set of four. I’m sure my cousin got them at Target or Wal-Mart, though.